Wednesday 12 March 2008

Mark & Method: 2nd Edition


I noted with delight that Augsburg Press has released the 2nd edition of Mark and Method: New Approaches in Biblical Studies edited by Janice Capel Anderson and Stephen D. Moore. Written by a team of impressive scholars, the contents of this edited volume are as follow:


  • Introduction: The Lives of Mark, Janice Capel Anderson and Stephen D. Moore

  • Narrative Criticism: How Does the Story Mean? Elizabeth Struthers Malbon

  • Reader-Response Criticism: Figuring Mark's Reader, Robert M. Fowler

  • Deconstructive Criticism: Turning Mark Inside Out, Stephen D. Moore

  • Feminist Criticism: The Dancing Daughter, Janice Capel Anderson

  • Social Criticism: Crossing Boundaries, David Rhoads

  • Cultural Studies: Making Mark, Abraham Smith

  • Post-Colonial Criticism: Echoes of a Subaltern's Contribution and Exclusion, Tat-Siong Benny Liew

This book makes an excellent collection to those interested in exploring recent approaches to biblical studies by using Mark as a test case.

3 comments:

pearlie said...

sigh ... so tempting ... but enough is enough?

Kar Yong said...

When is enough, enough?

pearlie said...

You tell me! :D

I was chatting with Melissa (one of yr recent Kuching students) - we were talking about ... yup ... books and I told her I dare not sum up those receipts since 1 Jan 08 but since we were talking about it, I did and nearly fainted. And some more now I am trying to do a deeper study on John - I found I am lacking in materials. What to do? BTW, where's your how now brown cow response?