Friday 27 July 2007

How Does A Biblical Scholar...? The Struggle to Write Devotionally - Part 2

Last week, I highlighted my struggles in writing the devotional readings for the 2008 edition of Asian Reflections, a bible reading project initiated by Scripture Union Malaysia.

I am very pleased that I have finally completed writing the devotional readings late last night. It was a very enriching exercise for me as it forced me to wrestle with the text as a budding NT scholar and yet challenged me to write down these insights at a level that is understood at a "popular" level.

Reading John 17-21 raises many issues, including the translation of the text in NIV translation, that require further research and reflection. Perhaps one of these days, some of these unresolved issues may find their way into some of the academic/peer reviewed journals....perhaps, perhaps...

I would encourage all of you to support this noble project by Scripture Union Malaysia when it is published in the 3rd quarter of 2007. I promote this not because I am one of the contributors, but I do believe it is a very worthwhile project resulting from the collaboration and contribution of many Malaysian and Asian writers; not to mention it makes excellent Christmas gift!

3 comments:

rccnlj said...

Congrats upon your completion of your writings. :)

Kar Yong said...

Eucharisto...

pearlie said...

Yes, congrats :) and I just might get a copy. I got one for my mom on Christmas several years ago and I think I will do it again this Christmas. Just that my mom has been complaining that I have been getting her "books, books and more books". (I got the reading bug from my dad you see :)

perhaps, perhaps
another way of saying, hint, hint?
hehehehe ...