- Establish a rigorous methodology in research and study of religions;
- Provide research work that deals with epistemology, philosophy, sociology and knowledge of classical and folk religions;
- Provide the collection of sacred texts and literature in (a) digital form, (b) printed medium, and (c) net locations;
- Build a reference library of non-Christian religious resources in order to provide access to those engaged in research;
- Be a facilitator of inter-religious dialogue by organising seminars, workshops and symposiums;
- Provide regular forums on religious issues of public concern;Establish formal relationship with religious Associations and Centres of higher learning;
- Document significant religious movements and events in Malaysia;
- Publish occasional papers on religions and religious issues in Malaysia;
- Assist research students in their work on religions.
Click here for further information of the Institute and the programmes planned for the coming year.