Monday 7 July 2008

SBL International Meeting Day 2, July 7

The SBL International Meeting begins full swing today.

I decided to attend the Paul and Pauline Literature session with the theme on 1 Corinthians and Colossians in the morning. A total of 5 papers were presented.

Oh-Young Kwon, Whitley College

Christopher Forbes, Macquarie University-Sydney

Peter Marshall, Marshall Enterprise Learning P/L

Laurence L. Welborn, Fordham University

Rosemary Canavan, Flinders University

Out of these papers, I particularly enjoyed L. L. Welborn's presentation. Click on the above link for an abstract of his paper.


In the afternoon, I attended the BibleWorks demo session. Although I have been a BibleWorks user for some years now, I still picked up some new tips on how to use this powerful software even more effectively.

It was a fruitful day for me. I look forward to tomorrow's sessions.

2 comments:

Perng Shyang Teng said...

Yes, looking forward to read more BibleWorks' tips from you. You miss the STM picnic this year. But I'm not going too, my stomach is like washing machine!

Kar Yong said...

Hi Perng Shyang,

Haha...you missed the picnic too!