Sunday 14 September 2008

Books From NZ Arrive


Last week, I was naturally excited when I was informed that the six boxes of books that I shipped from New Zealand while attending SBL International Meeting have arrived. These books were donated by Dr Max Liddle to the seminary library. Max, who is now retired, served as a missionary to India and taught at Bible College of New Zealand (now Laidlaw College).

I can't wait for the library to catalogue these books, and hope to be able to pick up some duplicate copies at a discounted price (hint...hint...)

12 comments:

Alex Tang said...

books!

blogpastor said...

BOOKS! they are a theologian's best friend.

Kar Yong said...

Hi Alex and Blogpastor,

Books...BOOKS...they easily empty the pocket of a theologian!

sp lim said...

Q: How do you know when you have bought too many books?

A: When you bought another copy of a book you already possessed.

That happened to me recently.

Kar Yong said...

Hi SP,

Q: What do you do when you buy a copy of a book you already possessed?

A: You either sell it at a heavily discounted price or give it away to those whom you think might benefit from it.

Hint...hint...

sp lim said...

Sorry bro. Buyer found at a slightly discounted price. Next time it happen again I will think of you first

Paul Long said...

Books. If I don't read them, it at least helps make me look scholarly ti be surrounded by them ... at least until I open my mouth :-)

Kar Yong said...

Hi SP,
No worries!

Kar Yong said...

Hi Paul,
You should have kept some of Max's books!!

Paul said...

I wanted to keep the books as it was after all Max's present to me as the new pastor ... BUT then that would be selfish. :-)

I am sure that students at STM would benefit more form the books than I would.

If I am desperate I can go visit Laidlaw College library as Max has kindly arranged for me to to have a special library card to borrow books

Kar Yong said...

Hi Paul,

I also wished I could have some of Max's collection in my library....

Paul Long said...

KY

Our reward in heaven will be great! :-)