Wednesday 17 September 2008

It Is Finished!!


Yes! It is finished!!

I have finally completed revising my thesis and have just sent it off to the publisher, T&T Clark. Hopefully it is accepted without further revision.

After reworking on my thesis, I managed to cut down approximately 30% of the content, strengthen some of my argument, update the bibliography and interact with some new works that have since been published when I submitted my thesis in March 2007.

According to the production schedule, if all goes well, the publication date will be around May 2009. It will be published under the Library of New Testament Studies monograph series.

I can now have some rest - but for a few hours only - as things are piling up in my office!

8 comments:

Perng Shyang Teng said...

This is the only good news until now in this country! Haha! Congratulation!

Alex Tang said...

well done. I look forward to an autographed copy *hint* *hint*

Paul Long said...

hahaha ... will not hint as to who ... but I teased a local "author" who loved to enocourage photocopying books for scholarly purposes. (save money!!)

When his book came out and he asked me to buy, I told him (with as straigh a face as I could) that I would just borrow and photocopy! LOL

Just to be sure this is understood, I am not talking about Kar Yong!! Just hinting that I predict that this will certainly happen in Malaysia!!

Kar Yong said...

Hi Perng Shyang,
Thanks for the wishes....let's hope there would be more good news in the days ahead...

Kar Yong said...

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the wishes.

What is that hint...hint...??

Kar Yong said...

Hi Paul,

Haha...let's not guess who that person you are alluding to...I think you are right...with the anticipated selling price of at least GBP70 or above, who would buy that? Not even some of our libraries...

I will fight for the enforcement of intellectual property...just for my book only....haha

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Dr. Lim

Mind to send me a copy (photostat copy will do also la, but not PDF file la...hahaha)...to Kajang Church..

Next year, I won't be around in STM lo...hahaha...

Kar Yong said...

Hi Desmond,
I thought you told me a week ago that you will be coming back to STM to see someone? You changed your mind so fast already?