This is a real revelation to me. Imagine a cleaner can earn so much more than a lecturer with a PhD teaching in a seminary!
I wonder whether I am in a wrong profession. Perhaps I should set up LKY Cleaning Services - be my own boss. No, call it Kairos Cleaning Services - timely service with a smile!
The benefits are quite obvious:
- higher income
- I could just focus on homes in my neighbourhood - that would mean I can cut down on travelling, tolls, and petrol. Suddenly my real income increases by another RM500.
- I can sell my car - and save on road tax, insurance and the hire purchase that I currently service. Another RM550 monthly contribution to my real income.
- more physical activities - that means burning more calories, a sure way to shed the unwanted pounds in my body.
- oh yes - there are quite a number of expats living in my neighbourhood - perhaps I can just focus on these households - they might just want an English speaking cleaner, and perhaps I can charge a premium for my services
- no need to prepare for lectures
- no more marking papers and pulling out my hairs
- no more complaints from my students about my standards being too "high" and "unachievable" that in turn cause them nightmares
- and the list goes on
Not a bad idea, ah.....Whack...wake up...wake up...It's just a dream...a wishful dream....nevertheless a dream worth serious consideration...whack again...wake up...wake up...