Friday 31 October 2008

Happy Reformation Day


Today reminds me of my visit to the Reformation Monument in Geneva during the Christmas season 2007. What happened in 1517 on this day changed not only the course of church history but human history as well.

"I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen." Martin Luther.

"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." Martin Luther.

Happy Reformation Day.

2 comments:

SATheologies said...

Hi KY,

Happy belated Reformation Day.

Who are those 4 figures? Andy Lau, Leon Lai, Aaron Kwok, and Jackie Cheung? The Four-Heavenly-Kings?

hahahaha

Kar Yong said...

JW,
The four Genevan reformers in the monument (Guillaume Farel, John Calvin, Theodore Beza and John Knox) would be turning in their graves if they hear that you equate them to the Hong Kong four Heavenly Kings! Haha