Friday, 3 April 2009

First Historic D Min Module in STM


It has been a great learning experience for me in teaching the first Doctor of Ministry module for the past few days.

There are a total of 20 DMin candidates taking the first modules offered in both the English and Chinese programmes. A total of 15 candidates signed up for the first Chinese module taught by Prof Kung Lap Yan from Hong Kong, with another 5 signed up for the English module.

Today will be the final day for the DMin module. I trust and hope that those who sit in my class would have, in some ways, benefited from the module, and that they have enjoyed it just as I have in interacting with them. It has been very tiring and exhausting, but equally enriching and rewarding for me.

6 comments:

Alex Tang said...

Congrats on making history in STM- good history, I mean :)

I am sure all have benefited.

Kar Yong said...

Thanks, Alex. We all hope the candidates have learned something that is useful for their ministry.

不肖生 Sceptics said...

Yes, sir, bravo..

you re-enforce the culture of exegesis among ministers...

Kar Yong said...

不肖生 Sceptics,
I don't really know what I reinforced....I just know some of the stuff I covered sounded rather 'outrageous'...I will blog about it later... :-)

不肖生 Sceptics said...

sound outrageous? thats interesting...maybe you introduced reader response theory?

I like outrageous stuff..hehe

Kar Yong said...

Watch out for my post in the next couple of days....!