Wednesday 9 September 2009

Finished Examining D Theol Thesis

On the 9th of September 09, I finally finished examining a Doctor of Theology thesis from Trinity Theological College, Singapore, that has been sitting on my desk. I have picked up some insights from this thesis, "Paul's εὐαγγέλιον in Galatians 1-2."

By the way, my collegue, the Reb, seems to think 09-09-09 is an auspicious day, especially in his rush to finish his thesis! Maybe so, as I finished examining a D Theol thesis. I wish him all the best!

2 comments:

逍遥子Odysseus said...

Hi sir,

I notice ATESEA confer DTH,not phd...

is there any difference between the two by academic standard?

or no difference,,just matter of different tradition..

Kar Yong said...

Hi Sceptics,
What I understand is that in this part of the region, it is the university that confers PhD. ATESEA is not a university, but only a accrediting body, and as such, the highest academic degree conferred is DTh. I am not sure I am 100% correct here.

Technically, there should not be any difference in academic standard. The use of DTh reflects the nature of the degree - which is theology and directed to the church.