Tuesday 1 September 2009

IDMC - Part 1

I have just returned from attending the Intentional Disciple Making Conference at Covenant Evangelical Free Church, Woodlands, Singapore.

I must say it was a pretty good conference and I have picked up some interesting lessons at the conference. I will be blogging about my reflections and observation of IDMC 2009 in the next day or so. Right now, it's back to the grind for me. The semester break is over, and I have tons of work to do.

Meanwhile, here are some of the photos taken during the conference.


The venue of the conference: Covenant Evangelical Free Church, Woodlands.


The crowd making their way to the sanctuary of the church.



Rev Edmund Chan, Senior Pastor of Covenant EFC, addressing the conference participants


Part of the 2,500 participants


For subsequent posts:
part 2 - please click here
part 3 - please click here

11 comments:

逍遥子Odysseus said...

EFC well done!

Only by Grace said...

Rev. Edmund Chan I always enjoyed his teaching and preaching. Very nice building ha!

Kar Yong said...

Hi Only by Grace,
Yes, very nice building indeed. Edmund Chan is an excellent communicator. I enjoyed his sessions.

Kar Yong said...

Hi Sceptics,

I wish EFC could go further a bit...haha

Tony Siew said...

Hi Kar Yong, glad to know you enjoyed the Conference. It was nice of you to drop by my office. It's wonderful to see again and have fellowship. All the best for the new term. God bless.

Kar Yong said...

Hi Tony,
Yes, it was great catching up again - and thanks for the coffee.

Lee Chee Keat said...

Hmm...looking forward what messages he has for this conference and your analysis on his messages. was a fan of him and heard a lot of his messages in the past..but now,sometimes, I do question some of his boastings and his exegesis on his messages. anyway, m longer a fan of him. ha ha:)

逍遥子Odysseus said...

I am keen to listen to edmund, after much sayings about him by the market. hehe

KY, EFC go abit further, in what sense? perhaps church growth or theology education?

Kar Yong said...

Hi Chee Keat,

I am not sure I understand you when you say you question "his exegesis on his messages".

Kar Yong said...

Hi Sceptics,
Well....EFC has been rather slow in church planting and reaching out to the community. It remains the smallest denomination in both Malaysia and Singapore!

Lee Chee Keat said...

Sometimes, I find that he does eisegesis than exegesis on his topical sermon. Eg. last year in Men's camp (SIB KL), he was preaching on Is.6 and taught us the important of experiencing in being touched and encountered by the presence of God. From here, I felt it's an eisegesis. He didn't even go through the whole exposition of Is.6 on how he derived the principles. It was just mere experiential preaching.