I have just been alerted about the following Post-doctoral Fellowship available at Macquarie University:
Applications are invited for a three-year post-doctoral fellowship in Early Christianity in its Graeco-Roman context, in the Department of Ancient History, Faculty of Arts, Macquarie University.
- Title: a short descriptive title in plain English (maximum 20 words);
- Project summary: summarise the main aims, significance and expected outcomes in plain English, avoiding jargon and abbreviations (maximum 100 words).
- Research environment: state why you consider the Department of Ancient History, Macquarie University, to be an appropriate host for your proposed project (maximum half a page).
- Research achievements: outline your research achievements to date, relative to opportunity; do not list publications (which should appear in the CV), but identify, for a non-specialist audience, what makes your research to date interesting and unique (maximum half a page).
- Skills: outline your relevant training, skills including relevant ancient and modern languages, and research experience, and describe how these will contribute to the success of the Project (maximum half A4 page).
- Project Description:
Project aims and background: describe what the project aims to achieve, and outline the background, including information about recent international progress in the field of research and the relationship of this proposal to work in the field generally (maximum one page);
Project significance and innovation: describe how the research is significant and how it addresses an important problem; explain its anticipated outcomes and how they will advance the knowledge-base of the discipline; detail any new methodologies that will be developed in the course of the project;
Approach and timetable: outline and justify the conceptual framework and methodology to be used in the project; provide a proposed timetable of work;
References: list of all references cited in the application (maximum one page).
+61 2 9850 8844 or email email@example.com
Please note that only those applications submitted via the Macquarie University Online Recruitment System will be accepted.