Tuesday 1 April 2008

Eerdmans Order Has Arrived!

The Eerdmans order that the seminary placed has arrived. One of my colleagues, while sorting out the books, commented that books with "strange" titles would have most likely belonged to my order. Well, I can't blame him. Who else would order books such as "Greed as Idolatry" or "Recovering Paul's Mother Tongue" or "Qumran and Apocalypticism"?


I exhausted all my book allowance for the year with this order. Looks like I have to "fast" from buying books for sometime to come...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"fast" buying books? From my personal experiences, this will not work! Trust it or not?

Kar Yong said...

Perng Shyang,

Haha...I only say for "sometime" mah...maybe 1 week, 1 month??

pearlie said...

My "sometime" is officially 6 months. So I can only buy again in Oct 08. Q is will it work?!!!

And I am forcing myself not to look at your books, arrrgghh!! already spotted a couple I want.

Unknown said...

I true love for books is the Kar Yong that I know from GCTS days. Enjoy the books my friend! Sheryl

SATheologies said...

*gasp*... you got Charlesworth's Jesus & Archaeology! I have been preventing myself not to get it for the past 4 months from SKS, a local bookshop.

Good selection :)

Kar Yong said...

Hi Pearlie,
hmm....let's see....the good news is that eerdmans order is only offered once a year....!

Kar Yong said...

Hi Sheryl,

Thanks for dropping by! Nice to hear from you again.

Kar Yong said...

JW,
I actually plan to visit SKS while I am in Singapore next week - but I think the packed conference schedule would prevent me from doing so - I think this is good news.

pearlie said...

I would have been poorer had I attended O'Brien's class before the order due date. A sense of mixed feeling right now.