Tuesday 22 April 2008

Evangel Annual Sale is ON!

I have a funny feeling that Pearlie may not be too pleased with me when she reads this; and I do have doubts that she will be able to keep to her 6-month fast from buying books.

That is because...................It's the Evangel Annual Sale!


From April 25 - May 17, 2008, the Annual Sale promises to be a great time to pick up some good bargains.

For example, Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology is for sale at RM88; Stanley Grenz's Renewing the Centre at RM5 (no kidding - unless it is a typo error!); Tom Schreiner's Romans Commentary (BECNT) at RM128; and David Garland's 1 Corinthians Commentary (BECNT) at RM128; and many more.

Happy browsing and spending some $$ this weekend!

BTW, Pearlie, will I see you at the sale?

14 comments:

Bob K said...

Renewing The Center @ RM5!!

*Bangs forehead against wall

Any bargains from the NT Wright bin?

pearlie said...

So you are adamant and determined to flap the banner in my face after all. But I am happy to say I am doing good. I already have Grudem's Systematic Theology, I am not a fan of Grenz. I have too many Romans commentaries, and though Garland's 1 Corinthians look tempting, I can easily pass :) You have to work harder.

Kar Yong said...

Hi Bob,
I was surprised too! Let's hope it's not a typo.

I'm not sure whether there is any bargains from Wright. Looks like we have to check it out this weekend!

Kar Yong said...

Hi Pearlie,
Can we have coffee? Let's meet at Evangel, SS2....

:-)

SATheologies said...

Perhaps that's the 1st edition (Grenz). Not sure is there is any substantial differences or not, but RM5 is a "must buy" tag!

This is one of those moment which I wish I'm in KL..

pearlie said...

You got me there and it's scary that you are becoming to know me pretty well. Hmmm ... there's Coffee Bean nearby ... :)

pearlie said...

Sze Zeng,
There's always the 3G handphone and too bad there's no WiFi there, or you could get someone with a notebook and a camera.

Kar Yong said...

JW,

I think Grenz's book is the revised edition, based on the description provided in the sale flyer.


So, come lah to KL....

Kar Yong said...

Hi Pearlie,

I only say coffee, and the meeting place is Evangel....nothing else...

Hahaha

Anonymous said...

Sir,

Sure boh, evangel in SS2 got sale this weekend??...I am planning to go there this Saturday..(need to clear my book allowance or else will be forfeited)...hahaha...

Maybe you can pass me the flyer lo....

chils said...

Not fair! I went last Sunday, and tried to get the book on Parables! and bought others!

Kar Yong said...

Desmond,
Well, if you do not know how to utilise your book allowance, I can be of help, a great help!

Kar Yong said...

Hi Chils,

Well, you can go again this weekend!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, that's it la...I know you will say like that, Sir...Definitely, you can help me lo, I will be there (Evangel) most probably around 10am...helping me to bring books to my car...hahahahaha...