Sunday 13 April 2008

Sabah Theological Seminary: A Beautiful Campus


It's been 2 days since we arrived at Sabah Theological Seminary (STS) for the Romans Symposium with Robert Jewett and K. K. Yeo. Together with us on this trip (other than Ezra Kok, my principal) are 4 of our M Theol students.

While the Romans Symposium will not start until tomorrow, we decided to come over to Kota Kinabalu, the capital of Sabah, Malaysian Borneo, a few days earlier. This could give us a chance to rest, and also provide the opportunity for our international postgraduates students to explore another part of beautiful Malaysia.

STS has a very beautiful and serene campus, located on Signal Hill just off the city centre. Surrounded by lush greenery and secondary forest, this is a perfect place for study and rest. I'll let the photos do the talking.


The Main Administration Building, comprising faculty offices, library and classrooms
The historic Chapel

Wisma STS - the student's accommodation block - looks more like a condominium than a hostel block, right!

Wisma Kurnia - apartment block for lecturers. I stay in one of the units in this block.
Room with a view! This is the view from the balcony of the apartment where I stay. One can witness sunrise from this spot as the balcony faces east!

In the meantime, I think I am going to enjoy my stay here. Much to the dismay of my principal, I suggested that perhaps I could do with a lecturer's exchange programme to come over to STS for a while....

10 comments:

Tony Siew said...

Why didn't I think of staying put in Sabah?

Anonymous said...

yeah, maybe students can have their exchange programs as well...indeed it's a nice place to stay...

blogpastor said...

Why not an exchange program with Trinity Theological College? Or even a permanent move?

Tony Siew said...

I would love to know more about the Romans Symposium with Jewett. If the comment from blogpastor is intended for me, then my answer is that I will probably return to Sabah when I retire, God willing. Kar Yong, trust you will enjoy your stay in KK with your MTheol students. God bless.

Kar Yong said...

Hi Tony,
Haha....you will be back for your retirement, right!

I will provide some updates on the Roman symposium later.

Kar Yong said...

Hi Desmond,

Would you like to be first student to do so?

Kar Yong said...

Dear Blogpastor,
If your comment is intended for me, I think TTC does not need another NT person - TTC already has great scholars like Kim Huat and Tony Siew!

Anonymous said...

Sir, if possible...I would love to, why not??...BUT I'm not academically-inclined student wor, will STM recommend me ah??...hahaha, I don't think so lo...normally they will send top students la...so, I can keep on dreaming...

Kar Yong said...

Desmond,
I don't think this is an issue!

rccnlj said...

Hahaha- if you stay there... i suppose it'll be a good opportunity for you to practice your mandarin. ;)