Saturday 1 August 2009

Eagles Leadership Conference


I was at the Eagles' Leadership Conference in Singapore last week. On one of the days, I was staring at this board, wondering which workshop I should attend. It was a little bit difficult to make a decision where there were so many great topics to choose from. In the end, I opted for the seminar on "Coaching Underperformers, Changing Lives."

Someone asked me whether I have any specific situation in mind in choosing this particular seminar. I am not sure whether my experience is any indication. Based on my observation and involvement in a number of non-profit Christian organisations, one of the inherent problems is having an above-average number of underperforming staff. I am not sure whether I am fair in my observation here, and I stand corrected.

Having said that, I enjoyed the seminar - but to be fair to the engaging speaker, she only had 2 hours to cover the topic, and this certainly limited her in what she could possibly do in such a short period of time.

2 comments:

逍遥子Odysseus said...

I am surprised NT scholar too, attend such seminar,,,hehe

Kar Yong said...

Surprised? Well, the budding NT Scholar is also passionate about leadership issues in the church!