Wednesday 14 January 2009

Back from Gopeng

It was a very tiring weekend but a fulfilled one indeed. Spending the weekend with a bunch of college students who are eager to learn more about the New Testament is very encouraging for me. As I mentioned in my previous post, I was given 5 hours to do NT Survey - and needless to say, I only managed to cover NT background and a little bit of the Gospel of Mark. I decided to spend some time covering the Jewish and Greco-Roman background of the NT world as this is one area that many are least familiar with.

I did not manage to do a survey of the life of Paul - how can a Pauline scholar fail to do this? I better repent...

Anyway, it was not all work for me. I managed to have half a day off for myself just to enjoy the camp site and to rest.

3 comments:

Florence said...

For freshsies, Mark is a good book to start w/ though.
I had to write a final paper on Mark 5:21-43 last month, and a particular theme in your powerpoint handouts gave me a fresh perspective to expound on it.
Both myself & my professor were very happy w/ the outcome in my paper.

逍遥子Odysseus said...

I am reading a book; "Mark and Methods". top!

In STM reading list?

Kar Yong said...

Hi Florence,

Glad you did well on your paper on Mark