Thursday 8 January 2009

Moving to a New Place ... Part 2


I mentioned in an earlier post that I have moved to the staff apartment beginning this year. Apparently, this particular unit that I am currently staying in is well-known to be the best feng sui unit for singles in the seminary.

Let's look at the history of the tenancy in this apartment. The first tenant moved in as a single and stayed there for 6 years before moving out after getting married. The second tenant stayed there for 2 years before doing the same. So how long would the third tenant need?

So speculation is running high the the budding NT scholar might just need 6 months before he moves out of the apartment. My principal Dr Ezra Kok, who is now on 6-month sabbatical leave, has already offered his services when he returns to work, and it would be just in time.

Will the good feng sui repeat itself this time? Only time will tell.....Again, it seems to work for the ladies who stayed there, but a guy??? I think it takes a real miracle for this to happen.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I think otherwise;

a few pastors told me before, and insisted that it is true; that is , STM apartments are haunted units....

You heard this rumous before?

Paul Long said...

single to married (STM) :-)

Florence said...

hahaha. may be i'll be just in time to attend your wedding in m'sia this summer. ;o)

btw, a friend of mine asked abt n.t.wright. so, can u guide us on wright, like wht are commendable. (his major contributions: e.g. resurrection?) wht should we be careful abt, if any.(he doesn't believe in heaven?) thanks so much.

Perng Shyang Teng said...

6 months!!! You will then faster than me!

I mean, faster than my graduation! Haha!

pearlie said...

After extrapolating the data provided, using the Lagrange interpolation and Newton's method of finite differences, looking into the resulting polynomial tendencies, you will be getting married 1 year after moving in unless the Runge's phenomenon happens.

Kar Yong said...

Dear Davinci,

Hmmm....Must do exorcism... :-)

Kar Yong said...

Hi Paul,
It's also Single Thinking of Marriage... :-)

Kar Yong said...

Hi Florence,
Let me take up the NT Wright issue in a private email to you. Currently I am rather swamped with work - will email you later.

Kar Yong said...

Hi Perng Shyang,

Haha...we'll see...

Kar Yong said...

Hi Pearlie,

I think I had Permanent Head Damage by reading your analysis... :-)

pearlie said...

We will see, O Dr Dr Lim.

Alex Tang said...

Hi Pearlie,

I believe you did not factor in the intangible variable L-O-V-E and the infinite unvariable constant 0-N-E in your calculation. Factoring these into the equation will produce the result- six months!

Unknown said...

hahahaha....six months time....wow, ah sir...so fast...

who will be your prefect partner??...someone name start with character of "..."....only God knows ya...hahahaha

Kar Yong said...

Hi Alex,
I think I got another Permanent Head Damage by reading your analysis...

Kar Yong said...

Desmond,
I also dunno... :-)