Saturday 10 January 2009

Heading Off North: Step-Up Programme


This weekend, I will be heading north to Gopeng as one of the speakers for my church's vacation bible school, Step-Up Programme, designed for school leavers. I have been assigned to cover New Testament Survey in 5 hours - and I am still struggling how to do that within the time allocated.

I hope to have a good time with a group of 16 young people and trust that something good will come out of this training programme. May their intellectual mind be challenged, passion and zeal for the gospel renewed, and love for the Lord deepened.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I went there last year for a course that was held. It's really a nice place for relaxation.

Hope that you can have a nice trip...

Kar Yong said...

Desmond,
Thanks.

I really wish it is a relaxation trip, and not a working trip... :-)

逍遥子Odysseus said...

Great project for the Lord, as teaching youths in Malaysia, NT survey, has become such wild endeavour...

Ha, God bless..

Alex Tang said...

You have received a Lemonaid Blog Award for your fantastic blog.

pearlie said...

What a great way of initiation into the working world. It makes me think some of us need to have a "halfway house"!! LOL ... and we'll let you have 10 hours on NT.

(Word verification for 2009 is getting there -- I got "blessing" here! Wow.)

chils said...

Gopeng is pretty well-known for bird watching! Other than 'work', don't forget to real birds and I mean hornbills!!

Kar Yong said...

Dear Sceptics,

Thanks - I had a good time with this group of young adults! Great bunch

Kar Yong said...

Hi Alex,
Thanks for this. I am honoured

Kar Yong said...

Hi Pearlie,
You sure 10 hours is enough? I had difficulty even to even reach up to Revelation in a 42 hour 3-credit semester course....Hahaha

Kar Yong said...

Hi chils,

I managed to chil out a bit - but not bird watching... :-)