Tuesday 6 January 2009

Moving to a New Place


For the past 2 years, I have been staying off-campus, and this year, I have decided to move into the staff apartment on campus. Hopefully, with this move, I would be a little closer to the students and able to get to know them better. This is in line with my philosophy of education - that a seminary education is not simply about impartation of knowledge; it is about sharing life together and building relationships; it is about iron sharpens iron; and it is about journeying together as we discover God's calling for our lives in serving him and the church.

However, I will still continue to commute between Seremban and my family house in Kuala Lumpur, dividing my time between responsibilities in the seminary (Tuesdays to Fridays) and my home church in Petaling Jaya (weekends).

6 comments:

逍遥子Odysseus said...

Good sir, you talk as Bonhoffer.

He shared life with kids in New York slump, with seminary students in Germany underground seminary; with saints in heaven now...haha!

He enjoyed life most, yet willing to give up life for good cause..

Paul Long said...

Hope this will save on petrol cost too

I foresee a tiny inconvenience for you ... when you suddenly want to refer to a book and you find it is at your other house!! :-)

Florence said...

the mark of a dedicated teacher. ;)

Kar Yong said...

Dear Sceptics,

Thanks for your comments.

But I guess this is a calling of a seminary lecturer as well!

Kar Yong said...

Hi Paul,
Well, not much saving actually. The previous house is just less than 1 min drive away...haha

Kar Yong said...

Dear Florence,
Thanks - I hope I can live up to that!