Wednesday 7 May 2008

Back from Fraser's Hill

The town centre and the famous clock tower

It was a great, albeit very short, getaway at Fraser's Hill. With the company of a close friend, we had a good time catching up with each other, but not forgetting in giving ourselves plenty of personal time and space. I slept most of the time on Sunday and did not wake up until close to 11am the following day. I never knew that sleep can be so therapeutic for me.

I have always loved Fraser's Hill. It is quiet during the weekday, and the cool air is a real welcome from the heat in the city. We almost had the whole hill resort to ourselves when we arrived on Sunday afternoon. In fact, when we arrived at Pekan Bungalow, the caretaker was a bit surprised that we would choose our stay during the weekday. He asked us, "Why do you come up on Sunday instead of Friday?"

Well, the secret is that we wanted to be away from the crowd. And the reward for doing the trip on Sunday was that we had the entire bungalow to ourselves - we were the only guests occupying one of the 9 rooms available at the bungalow.

I had a great time - needless to say. I'll let the photos do the talking.....


The view of the dam on the way to Fraser's Hill



Pekan Bungalow

The almost deserted dining room


The view from my room, overlooking the golf course


Another view of the golf course from my room



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i ask you a question ahh??...who is another "close companion" ahh???..hehehe, a bit curious lo...

pearlie said...

I too am curious to know - since someone already ask it, I mm hak hei ... hehe

blogpastor said...

You have just given another reason why Singapore should rejoin Malaysia!

Kar Yong said...

Dear Desmond and Pearlie,
haha...keep guessing...