Thursday 1 May 2008

Last Minute Sunday Sermon

I have just received a phone call from the church office today, informing me that due to family emergency, my Senior Pastor will not be able to preach this Sunday. So yours truly would have to take the pulpit.

Oh dear....What to preach....?? Looks like 2 Tim 4:2, "Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season..." is not a reality in my life at the moment....

Let's pray that the sermon this Sunday will be relevant for the church - else it would be like the following cartoon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, have to struggle again! Blessed are those who struggle in preparing sermons...

BK said...

Considering that I'm leading a Bible study on Colossians 1:24-2:5 next week, you could always preach on that, and then I'll just borrow your notes... :-p

More seriously, hope all goes well! God's word is always relevant... :>

Kar Yong said...

Hi Perng Shyang,

Blessed are those who struggle in preparing sermons, for they are assured of the companion of sleepless nights until after the sermon is over.....

Yup yup....struggle again....Lord, have mercy...

Kar Yong said...

Hi BK,

Hmmm....not a bad idea...

Thanks for wishes - yes, God's word is always relevant, but the preacher may not always be!

SATheologies said...

hahaha... the picture is funny.

Well, KY, you may try Steven Sim's previously proposed sermon.

Or you may preach on 2 Corinthians! Bet it will just flow out like streams from the river.

:)

God bless the preparation.

Kar Yong said...

Hi JW,

I would have loved to try out what Steven suggested - but certainly not in my own church! Else there goes the support for my salary....

Haha...