Sunday 4 May 2008

Solitude Retreat at Fraser's Hill





I will be hitting the road shortly. This time I am heading to Fraser's Hill for a personal solitude retreat. I badly needed this couple of days to rest and recharge for the months ahead, to reflect and reassess my ministry, and also to weigh carefully a couple of important decisions that I need to make that would have considerable bearings on my ministry.

I will be staying at the recently refurbished Pekan Bungalow that has a spectacular view over the golf course. The cool fresh air at the hill would be a great welcome for me, as we have been experiencing exceptionally hot weather for the past few days, with temperature soaring above 36 degrees.

After coming back from Fraser's, I will be hitting the road again. This time, together with three of my colleagues from seminary, we will be visiting some churches in the East Coast states of Kelantan and Pahang. More updates on this later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was my dream can go personal retreat at Fraser's Hill, I love that place and it is so near my howmtown. Wish you'll be refreshed.
If you so happen drop by Bentong, don't forget to have a try at the famous ABC.

Anonymous said...

I wish you a good rest. May the Lord guide you in your decisions.

pearlie said...

You beat me to it :)
Good for you and wish you a good rest ... and peace in your decisions. God bless!

Kar Yong said...

Hi Perng Shyang,

Yes, do go - go during the week - it is very quiet.

We will pass by Bentong tomorrow when we drive to Gua Musang for the East Coast roadshow.

Kar Yong said...

Dear Blogpastor,

Thanks for your wishes. Yes, I did have a good rest.

Kar Yong said...

Thanks, Pearlie.

Fraser's was a good choice for me. I was glad that I did it. Fitzmyer's Spiritual Exercises helped a lot!